Become a member (or renew your membership!) with an annual payment of $35 or more
Give the gift of a PA Membership!
This holiday season, share your passion for social justice by purchasing a People's Alliance individual or household gift membership! Your friend or family member will enjoy a full calendar year of membership.
To set up a gift membership, simply:
- Select the amount you'd like to give and click "Continue."
- Enter your name and contact information.
- Scroll to the bottom and enter the name and email address of the gift recipient in the text box "Gift Membership: List Recipient's Name and Email Address."
- Enter in your credit card information and click on the button, "Process Donation."
We'll take it from there. Once the gift membership is purchased, a thank-you card and button will be sent to the recipient in your honor.
By joining People’s Alliance, you are becoming part of a community of people deeply committed to making Durham a place where all people can thrive. Our volunteer-led organization is made up over 1,000 members and relies 100% on member contributions to continue our work. Your membership directly supports our ongoing efforts.
PA has over 40 years of experience promoting progressive and community-focused values in our community. Our dream is for Durham to be a beacon for justice and equality in the South. PA needs your support to strengthen the progressive base in Durham so that we can project our values statewide.
- Individual membership: one-time payment of $35 or more a year
- Household membership: one-time payment of $50 or more a year
- Students & those facing economic hardship: one-time payment of $10 (select ‘other' in the donation form and enter $10 to select this rate)
- You may also pay your membership dues in the form of volunteer hours. Contact us at email@example.com to volunteer.
Consider becoming a Monthly Sustainer! Instead of a making one-payment each year to renew your membership dues, you can make a recurring contribution of $5 or more a month to become a sustainer. Members who give monthly are critical to PA's sustainability. Your sustained support will help the People’s Alliance be a progressive champion in Durham throughout the year, and all contributions count towards the membership dues listed above.
Members of the People’s Alliance receive the following benefits:
- The ability to join your neighbors in one of Durham’s leading progressive organizations.
- Voting privileges at People’s Alliance meetings, including votes on: our public positions on key issues, the long-term direction of the organization, and the election of board members.*
- Complimentary membership in PA PAC, and voting privileges at PA PAC meetings, including candidate endorsement decisions.*
- The satisfaction of knowing that every day the People’s Alliance is championing the progressive issues you care about - all made possible by your on-going support.
*First time members are eligible to vote 30 days after the member’s initial enrollment. (Example: A new member enrolling on September 15 is eligible to vote on October 15.) Lapsed members are eligible to vote at the time dues are paid.
To pay by check, make payable to People’s Alliance, 1821 Green St., Suite 102, Durham, NC 27705. Questions? Contact L'Tanya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memberships will be active for one year. The People’s Alliance aligns memberships to the calendar year. Therefore, a member’s term begins on January 1 of the year in which the member enrolls. Members are asked to renew their memberships in January of each year.
People’s Alliance is a 501(c)(4) organization. Therefore, any donations to the organization are not tax deductible.