Become a Monthly Sustainer
We hope you'll consider becoming a monthly sustainer for People’s Alliance. Your sustained support will help PA be a progressive champion in Durham throughout the year, and all contributions count towards the membership dues.
Give as little a $5 a month to become a monthly sustainer! Any donation of $35 individual/$50 household or more in a calendar year will provide you with a Durham People’s Alliance Membership.
Why become a sustainer? PA only has one staff member and the majority of the work is done by volunteers. The reality is, a lot of our effort is spent on the behind-the-scenes administrative work that keeps the wheels of an organization turning - we spend around 100 hours on membership efforts alone each year. Imagine what we could accomplish with even more sustaining members whose membership automatically renews each year. By becoming a sustainer - you can help PA continue to lead in advocating for progressive policies in the areas of education, affordable housing, economic development, race equity, civil rights, and environmental stewardship.
- The ability to join your neighbors in one of Durham’s leading progressive organizations.
- Voting privileges at People’s Alliance meetings, including votes on: our public positions on key issues, the long-term direction of the organization, and the election of board members.*
- Complimentary membership in PA PAC, and voting privileges at PA PAC meetings, including candidate endorsement decisions.*
- The satisfaction of knowing that every day the People’s Alliance is championing the progressive issues you care about - all made possible by your on-going support.
- A welcome gift as a token of our appreciation.
*First time members are eligible to vote 30 days after the member’s initial enrollment. (Example: A new member enrolling on September 15 is eligible to vote on October 15.) Lapsed members are eligible to vote at the time dues are paid.
To pay by check, make payable to Durham People’s Alliance, 1821 Green St, Suite 102, Durham, NC 27705. Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
Memberships will be active for one year. The People’s Alliance aligns memberships to the calendar year. Therefore, a member’s term begins on January 1 of the year in which the member enrolls. Members are asked to renew their memberships in January of each year.
People’s Alliance is a 501(c)(4) organization. Therefore, any donations to the organization are not tax deductible.